Dr. Varun RajanConsultant Medical & Haemato Oncologist
Dr Varun Rajan is a senior medical oncologist with more than 10 years of experience in comprehensive management of adult and childhood cancers. He has gained training and hands-on experience in Autologous and Allogenic stem cell transplantation for various hematological malignancies. Dr Varun Rajan spearheaded the initiation of new division called geriatric oncology for the holistic treatment of elderly cancer patients which is the first of its kind in Kerala.
His areas of special interest include breast cancer, thoracic oncology, geriatric oncology, blood cancers ( lymphoma, myeloma, leukemia), Immunotherapy, bone marrow transplantation and hereditary cancers.
He also gained a post doctoral training from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA in 2019
- MBBS at Government Medical College, Kannur, India
- MD Internal Medicine at MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, India
- DM Medical Oncology at Regional Cancer Centre(RCC), Trivandrum, India
- ECMO- European certification in medical oncology
- Post doctoral training from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
- Senior Lecturer in Department of Medical Oncology, Regional cancer centre, Trivandrum, India: August 2013- July 2014
- Senior Resident in Department of Medical Oncology, Regional cancer centre, Trivandrum, India: August 2014- July 2107
- Consultant Medical Oncologist, Rajagiri Hospital, Aluva, India : August 2017 - February 2019
- Senior Consultant Medical Oncologist and Head- Department of Oncology, Medical Trust Hospital, Kochi, India : March 2019 - present