Dr. Thomas AliyattukudyConsultant in Reproductive Medicine - Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr. Thomas Aliyattukudy is a graduate from Kasturba Medical College Mangalore. He has completed his post graduation in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from MAHE University. He has undergone specialist training in the speciality at Yorkshire & Humber deanery, Sheffield, UK to attain MRCOG. He worked as a consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Northern Lincolnshire &Goole Hospital, Scunthorpe UK. He was the lead consultant for minimal access surgery and Infertility. He is a member of Royal college of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist London UK. He is accredited with British Fertility Society for early pregnancy scanning. He has gained advanced training skills in Laparoscopic surgery and also completed advanced training skills in Reproductive medicine and Endocrinology. He has also completed advanced training skills in labour ward practice and in managing high risk pregnancies. He served as a tutor to Hull York Medical School (HYMS) UK. He is registered with General Medical Council UK and TCMC India. He has undergone advanced training in infertility (FOGSI approved) and has completed Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine.
Currently he works as Consultant in Reproductive Medicine Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Medical Trust Hospital Kochi. He is the Head of Reproductive Medicine unit and Minimal Access surgery.
- Clinical Expertise in obstetric care for High risk Pregnancies.
- Clinical Expertise in Hysteroscopy and Minimal Access Surgeries
- Special Interests in Subfertility and Reproductive Endocrinology
- Special Interests in Family Planning & Sexual Health Medicine
- Special Interests in Male infertility and sexual issues
- Senior consultant and Head of Laparoscopy and Infertility unit at Medical Trust Hospital, Kochi
- Over 20 years of wide and varied experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Worked for 13 years at NHS trust Hospitals United Kingdom as Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Worked as the lead consultant for laparoscopy and Infertility unit at Northern Lincolnshire & Goole Hospitals, Scunthorpe, UK.
- Early pregnancy scanning and management of Prenatal Screening
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Member of Royal college of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist London UK
- Member of British Fertility Society London UK
- Member of Cochin Obstetrics and Gynaecological society of India
- Certifications with Faculty of sexual and Reproductive Health, London UK
- Certifications with RCOG on Advanced Training Skills in Subfertility and Reproductive Endocrinology, London, UK
- Certification with RCOG on Advanced Training Skills in Benign Gynaecology –Laparoscopy, London UK
- Certification with RCOG on Advanced Labour ward practice and management
- Certification of Completion of Specialist Training RCOG London UK
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Trust Excellent Award at Taunton & Somerset for the work on Diabetic care in Pregnancy -2006
- H Soltani,T A Poulose,D Hutchon.Placental cord drainage after vaginal delivery as part of the management of the third stage of labour.Cochrane Database Systematic Review 2011 Sept 7 (9).
- H Soltani,D Hutchson,T A Poulose Timing of Prophylactic uterotonics for third stage of labour after vaginal birth. Presented at International confederation of Midwives (ICM) Triennial congress meeting at South Africa June 2011
- H Soltani,D Hutchson,T A Poulose Systematic Review on Timing of Prophylactic uterotonics for third stage of labour after vaginal birth Cochrane library issue 8 August 2010
- T A Poulose,H Gergis Audit on the care of Bariatric pregnant women.Abstract has been published in Transaction for North of England Obstetrics and Gynaecology. March 2010
- T A Poulose,A Saha Vaginal Repair with mesh versus colporrhaphy for prolapse: a randomised controlled trial. Correspondence to editor,BJOG vol 117 Issue 3 Feb 2010.
- T A Poulose, S Bonner,S China A case of severe twin to twin transfusion syndrome at 11 weeks. Abstract at the 8 world congress of fetal medicine at Slovenia-2009.
- T A Poulose,R Fox,A Booth ,Unrecognised 1800 torsion of Pregnant Uterus-Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Vol 26 No 1 January 2006 Page 70
- T A Poulose,R Fox Documentation for diabetes care in pregnancy-integrated care pathway and joint correspondence.Poster Presentation at Joint RCOG/CEMACH meeting at RCOG London ,October’05 and the abstract was published in the conference abstract book
- T A Poulose, G Fender Imaging-an Integral part of Adolescent Gynaecology-Poster presentation at 7thAnnual Congress of the International College of Gynaecolgical Imaging at RCOG London, December’05 and the abstract was published in the conference abstract book.
- T A Poulose,L Ashelby,R Fox Worsening of Hot flushes after Prophylactic Oopherectomy - Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology July2006.volume26,number5 Page 481
- J Eckhart,T A Poulose R Fox Occult acute uterine inversion-Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology July2006.volume26, number5 Page 470
- T A Poulose,D Tsepov, R Fox Familial anencephaly and translocation. Journal of Obstetrics& Gynaecology January 2007.volume26, number8 Page 317