Home / DEPARTMENTS / Rheumatology
Dr. Harikrishnan BConsultant Rheumatologist
Trained by some of the best in the field of rheumatology and clinical immunology, Dr Harikrishnan is skilled in diagnosing and treating generalised and localised musculoskeletal pain disorders including back pain, neck pain, tendinitis,bursitis,nerve impingement (sciatica, CTS etc), degenerative joint diseases, autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis,psoriatic arthritis, spondyloarthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, lupus, sjogren syndrome, antiphospolipid antibody syndrome, scleroderma, vasculitis etc, osteoporosis and osteopenia, gout etc.
- DM Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology | Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center
- M.D General Medicine | Government medical College Trivandrum | (Graduated in 2015)
- MBBS | Government medical College Trivandrum | (Graduated in 2011)
- Senior Resident | Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center | September 2017 to September 2020
- Consultant physician | MGDM Hospital, Kangazha | July 2015 - 12 April 2017
- Resident in Dept. of General Medicine | Government medical College Trivandrum | June 2012 - June 2015
- Bursary Winner | Pediatric Rheumatology European Society(PReS)- e congress 2020
- 3rd prize podium presentation | SZIRACON 2019
- International Symposium
- Validation of EULAR/ACR 2019 classification criteria for SLE in a south Indian juvenile SLE cohort (ePoster presented at BSR conf. app) | British Society of Rheumatology Conference 2020
- Infantile HLH a case series (Podium) | The 3rd Asia Pacific Society of Immunodeficiency (APSID) 2020, PGI Chandigarh
- A case of SCID successfully treated with HSCT (Poster) | The 3rd Asia Pacific Society of Immunodeficiency (APSID) 2020, PGI Chandigarh
- A case of infantile HLH (Poster) | The 3rd Asia Pacific Society of Immunodeficiency (APSID) 2020, PGI Chandigarh
- Combination of IVIG and Rituximab in the treatment of Refractory Dermatomyositis | World Rheumatology Forum- Indo UK Rheumatology Summit 2018, Kozhikode
- Behcet syndrome presenting with pulmonary artery vasculitis: two case reports | 1st International vasculitis symposium 2018, PGI Chandigarh
- A case of SLE with multiple complications | World Rheumatology Forum- Indo UK Rheumatology Summit 2019, Gurgaon
- Infantile HLH a case series (e poster) | PReS e-congress, 2020
- National Symposium
- Value of new biomarkers to differentiate sarcoidosis from tuberculosis | The South Zone Indian Rheumatology Association Conference (SZIRACON) 2019, Chennai
- Tipic syndrome: a close mimic of takayasu arteritis | KIRACON 2018, Thiruvalla, Kerala
- Clinical profile of Sarcoidosis patients attending a tertiary health care centre Rheumatology Department in Kerala | The Annual Conference of Indian Rheumatology Association(IRACON) 2018, Guwahati
- Association of mucocutaneous and systemic manifestation in juvenile systemic lupus erythematosus | National Conference of Pediatric Rheumatology(NCPR) 2019, Chennai
- Validation of EULAR/ACR 2019 classification criteria for SLE in a South Indian cohort | Annual Conference of Indian Rheumatology Association(IRACON) 2019, Jipmer
- Bhaskaran H, Balan S. Unusual cause for intestinal perforation in juvenile dermatomyositis | BMJ Case Reports CP. 2019 Aug 1;12(8):e229395.
- Harikrishnan B, Balan S. Scurvy mimicking juvenile idiopathic arthritis in two pediatric patients | Indian Journal of Rheumatology. 2018 Oct 1;13(4):273.
- Mithun CB, Harikrishnan B. Biologicals in the management of rheumatodermatologic conditions and beyond | Clinical Dermatology Review. 2019 Jan 1;3(1):41.
- Yadav P, Mithun CB, Marwaha V, Harikrishnan B, Anuj S, Pramanik SK. Prevalence of anaemia in a cohort of rheumatoid arthritis patients in india |Indian Journal of Applied Research. 2019 Jul 25;9(3).
- Bhaskaran H, Balan S. Scurvy presenting as unilateral knee joint contracture | Indian J Rheumatol 2020;15:145-6
- Harikrishnan Bhaskaran, Suma Balan, Gayathri Subramoney, Renjitha Bhaskaran, Sekhar V.Easwar Association between mucocutaneous manifestations and systemic involvement in childhood onset systemic lupus erythematosus | Indian Journal Of Applied Research: Volume 10, Issue 8, August 2020
- Harikrishnan B, Mithun CB, Srikanth JV, et al AB1318 value of new biomarkers in the differential diagnosis of sarcoidosis and tuberculosis | Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2019;78:2122.
- Harikrishnan B, Mithun C B, Jyothi Srikanth, Clinical profile of Sarcoidosis patients attending a tertiary health care center Rheumatology Department in Kerala |Indian Journal of Rheumatology
- Harikrishnan Bhaskaran Nair, Suma Balan, P140 Validation of EULAR/ACR 2019 classification criteria for SLE in a south Indian juvenile SLE cohort | Rheumatology, Volume 59, Issue Supplement_2, April 2020, keaa111.135
- Chalakkarayil Bhagavaldas M, B H, Balan S AB0403 validation of 2019 eular/acr classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus in a south indian cohort | Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2020;79:1502