Dr. M.G JoyConsultant Paediatric Surgeon
Dr. M.G. Joy M.S., M.Ch. is a senior Paediatric Surgeon, graduated from Govt. Medical College Trichur. He got trained in Surgery from Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum. He has done his specialisation in Paediatric Surgery from Govt. Medical College, Calicut. He is an expert in Neonatal Surgeries and Paediatric Surgeries including endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries. He has performed more than 1200 neonatal surgeries and 700 paediatric laparoscopic/endoscopic procedures.
- M.B.B.S. - Govt. Medical College, Trichur (1989)
- M.S. (General Surgery) - Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum (1993)
- M.Ch. (Paediatric Surgery) - Govt. Medical College, Calicut (1997)
- Neonatal Surgery
- Paediatric Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgery (Paediatric Surgery)
- Senior Consultant (Paediatric Surgery) PVSM & EMC Hospital, Ernakulam (2005 onwards)
- Asst. Professor (Paediatric Surgery) Amrita Insitute of Medical Sciences, Kochi – (2003 – 2005)
- Consultant (Paediatric Surgery) Modern Hospital, Kodungallur (1997 – 2003)
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Indian Medical Association
- IMA Academy of Medical Specialties
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Acute Scrotum in Children. Journal of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons. Vol.2, 1997; P 21-25.
- Bilateral Communicating Intralobar Pulmonary Sequestration. Indian Paediatrics. Vol.42, July 2005; P 729- 730.
- A Simple and Safe Technique for Pneumatic Reduction of Intussusception. Asian Journal of Surgery Vol. 29, July 2006; P 170-172
- South Zone Hernia Conference, Kochi 2012
- IAPS Kerala State Conference 2018 Chair Person