Dr. George KallarackalConsultant Rheumatologist
Monday – Saturday
10.30 AM – 1 PM; 4 – 6 PM
Dr. George Kallarackal graduated from T.D. Medical College, Alappuzha, Kerala. Thereafter he has done further training in the U.K. He holds MRCP of all three colleges of the U.K. and Ireland (MRCP U.K., MRCP Dublin – MRCP Rheumatology –CCST – 7 years PG Course in Rheumatology Medicine, Internal Medicine along with research in Molecular Biology). Dr. George also holds FRCP London, FRCP Edinburgh, and FRCP Dublin.
His special interests include Primary Clinical Research in molecular biology, studying mechanisms of disease and understanding specific auto-immune cell-lines and cytokines leading diseases. He has over 50 international publications in medicine and rheumatology. He has presented various clinical papers in international meetings such as American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and EULAR.
He has worked across prominent hospitals in the U.K. as a specialist Rheumatologist for more than 20 years. He has retired as the Head of the Department of Rheumatology, Educational Lead in Rheumatology from the University of Leicester.
- MBBS - T.D. Medical College, Alappuzha, Kerala.
- MRCP (UK), MRCPI (Dublin), MRCP Rheumatology – CCST, FRCP (UK), FRCPI (Dublin).
- Primary Clinical Research in molecular biology
- Studying mechanisms of disease
- Understanding specific auto-immune cell-lines and cytokines leading diseases.
- 20 years as Specialist Rheumatologist in the UK
- Retired as HOD and Educational Lead at the Department of Rheumatology, University of Leicester, U.K.
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Member of Royal College of Physicians – London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- Member of British Medical Association
- Member of British Society of Rheumatologists
- Member of Indian Rheumatology Association
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- The Best Unit in Rheumatology in the U.K. by a Rheumatology Patient Group and awarded certification of the same by current P.M. of the UK, Ms. Theressa May.