- What is MTIMS?
“Medical Trust Institute of Medical Sciences” is envisaged as a unique combination of a world class Medical Institute and a Medi-city sprawling over twenty five lakhs square feet that will encompass all perceivable modalities of Medical Sciences with special focus on Oncology, Reproductive Medicine, Transfusion Medicine, Robotic Surgery and Medical Genetics at Irumpanam on Seaport-Airport road in Cochin. This dream project is aimed at integrating world-class medical education and research in collaboration with the global leaders in the field and holistic health care facilities. A world class convention centre in the campus will be an arena for connoisseur forums, and landmark events opening new avenues in healthcare and positioning the institute as a Knowledge hub for the generations to follow.
- What is Senior Citizens Health care Programme?
Medical Trust Hospital,Cochin has taken the effort for yet another thoughtful project – Senior Citizens Health Care Plan (SCHP) . It was on 24.10.1998 that this Plan was added to the Hospital’s array of innovative health care schemes. This unique scheme gives many privileges to elderly people over 65 years of age at a nominal one time registration fee. Currently, the Plan has 2000 senior citizens registered as members enjoying the various benefits of this scheme
Unique Benefits of the scheme:
- Free Speciality and super speciality consultations of life time.
- Substantial concession on professional charges, nursing, rent, investigations, diagnostic procedures etc.
- Priority for all hospital services
- Special Help desk
At Medical Trust Hospital, we realize that the senior citizens are the most treasured group of our society and understand our obligation to support them. The scheme reflects Medical Trust Hospital’s social commitment towards the welfare of the elderly. The criteria for registration has always been irrespective of income, caste, creed, nature of ailment or state of health.
Dedicated Medical Officer
A dedicated Medical Officer takes care of the day to day wlfare of the members. He co-ordinates the services of various clinical services of the hospital for the senior citizens.
Monthly Education Programme:
Monthly programmes on preventive aspects of health care regularly conducted for senior citizens. The first Saturday of every month has been fixed as the day for these educative programmes wherein expert medical specialists talk on areas of interest of senior citizens. Attended by a good number of members, this is regarded as one of the most attended senior citizens get togethers in the city.
- What are road traffic help line booths/trauma booths?
Trauma Booths to save lives on the road
National Highways occupy the central stage as far as road traffic accidents are concerned as they contribute vastly to the number of accident deaths and disabilities per year. The major proportion of deaths and organ deformities due to road traffic accidents occur mainly due to the lack of specialist first aid care at the spot of accident. In order to tackle this, Medical Trust Hospital, Cochin and Rotary International have combined their efforts to come up with the idea of setting up of Trauma Care Booths all along the national highway. Spots with the maximum rate of accidents were chosen as venues for the accident booths (Kalamassery, Aluva, & Irumbanam)
These booths have been setup with the aim of providing emergency trauma care round the clock. They are staffed by specially trained paramedical personnel and having an ambulance at the service for 24 hours. Besides this, a mobile intensive ambulance chain is ready to tackle any emergency situation. The Trauma Booths could be contacted using a mobile line at any time in case of any emergency situation. When an accident occurs, the ambulance team from the nearest booth rushes to the spot and after providing the first aid care, if necessary, the victim will be transferred to the nearest hospital for further treatment.
Road Traffic Accident Help line numbers
Kalamassery 9846007000 Aluva 9846226666 Irumbanam 9846007740
- What are pioneering strides by Medical Trust Hospital?
Medical Trust Hospital has the credit of having performed the:
- First Multi-organ Transplantation in the state
- First Cardiac Transplantation in the state
- First awake CABG in the state
- First Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- First Accident care unit in private sector
- First Reimplantation of severed limbs
- First Successful Kidney Transplantation in the state
- First Cadaver Kidney transplantation in the state
- First to organise Multi super specialties in private sector
- First to treat Patent Ductus Arteriosus without surgery(PDA coiling)
- First to perform Renal Stenting
- First to perform Haemoperfusion
- First to start T.U.R.
- First to start Thoracoscopic Lobar Resection of the lung
- First to start Aneurysm & AVM (brain) surgery
- First to start Skull base Surgery
- First to start Odontoid screw fixation
- First to start Trans-thoracic Spinal instrumentation
- First to start Sternal split for Upper Dorsal lesions
1 | 2