People out there… we’ve something interesting for you. This time we thought of having a read on the importance of eyesight & maintaining it. We all are well aware of the fact that the eyes are one of the most important organs in the human body. Once you give proper care and attention to your eyes, you can maintain the healthy state of your eyes. Therefore, we’ll have a quick discussion on the same. Also, we’ll help you find the best Eye hospital in Kochi.
As said earlier, care should be given to your eyes in a good manner. Firstly we need to find out why should we take care of your eyesight. Poor eye-sight leads to various problems. It may cause difficulties while you are driving, reading, cooking and even affects your work adversely. Majority of the eye problems can be eliminated once you find out in the early stages. Under proper medication and treatments, you can regain your eyesight.
Now let’s find out the various methods by which we can protect our eyesight
- Practice exercise for your eyes.
- Conduct eye checkups once in 6 months.
- Quit smoking.
- Wear sunglasses and prevent direct exposure to sunlight.
- Give more care while using contact lenses so as to prevent infection.
Now let’s see a few tips that help in improving your eyesight
- Include vitamins in your diet. Most of us are aware of Vitamin A which is essential for healthy vision. Some of the foods that contain Vitamin A are mentioned below.
- Leafy vegetables
- Cod liver oil
- Skimmed milk
- Red bell pepper etc.
- Maintain a fit body.
- Certain health conditions like diabetes, kidney problems, multiple sclerosis, blood pressure and so on lead to reduced eyesight. Therefore, try reducing such chronic conditions.
- The 20-20-20 rule. You may find this a quirky one. Isn’t? Well, it says that in every 20 minutes you should stop looking at your computer and focus your view to something else which is 20 feet away from you for 20 seconds.
- Have knowledge of the eye history of your family.
After all these discussions you might be now thinking about what all are the various types of eye diseases. Well, we’ve listed a few of the common diseases.
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Dry Eyes
- Night Blindness
- Red Eyes
Once you feel any sort of irritation with your eyes, seek help from an eye specialist. For the people in and around Ernakulam, we have good news for you. We at Medical Trust Hospital being the best eye hospital in Kochi owns a skilled and experienced team of eye specialists. Give the best care to your eyes. And Medical Trust Hospital delivers it.
Always keep in your mind that prevention is better than cure.