Dr. Venkidesh K.Consultant Neurosurgeon
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
11.30 AM – 1.30 PM; 4.30 PM – 6 PM
After graduating from the Thiruvananthapuram Medical College in 2011, Dr. Venkitesh underwent advanced two year post doctoral fellowship in Neuro-oncology and skull base injury at AIMS. In 2011, he joined as Asst. Professor at Government Medical College, Thrissur, which is a tertiary care hospital with post graduate teaching facility. Received best paper award twice in state conference (NSI – Neurological Society of India, Kerala Chapter) and has publications in National as well as International journals. He has joined as Consultant Neurosurgeon at Medical Trust Hospital, in 2016. His areas of interest include Neuro-oncology (Brain Tumour Surgery)/Skull Base Surgery, Aneurysm Surgeries and Spine Surgery.
- MBBS – Govt. Medical College, Alappuzha ( 1993-1998)
- MS General Surgery – Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram (2001-2004)
- DNB General Surgery – June, 2009
- M.Ch. Neurosurgery – Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram (2005-2008)
- DNB Neurosurgery – April, 2013.
- Post M.Ch. Advanced two years fellowship in Neuro-oncology & Skull Base Surgery (2011)
- Neuro-Oncology and Skull Base Procedures
- Spine Surgeries
- Brain Aneurysms
- Neuro Trauma
- 2 years fellowship in Neuro-Oncology and Skull Base Surgery – AIMS (2009-2011)
- Asst. Professor – Dept. Of Neurosurgery - Govt. Medical College, Thrissur (2011-2016)
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Medical Trust Hospital, Kochi (March, 2016 - )
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Received Best Paper Award for “Trans-Brow Minicraniotomy for Anterior Circulation Aneurysms” – Neurological Society of India, Kerala Chapter – Mid Term Conference, November, 2007.
- Received Best paper Award – Neurological Society of India, Kerala Chapter – State Conference, April, 2007 (Alappuzha)