The Department of Pulmonology at Medical Trust Hospital has state-of-the-art facilities and the manpower to deal with all types of respiratory diseases.
- Well-equipped to handle a variety of diseases including Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Smokers Lung Disease), Tuberculosis Pneumonia, Pleural Effusion, Lung Abscess, Bronchiectasis and Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Function Test & Fibreoptic Bronchoscopies
- Mechanical Ventilation and Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilator (NIPPV)
- Quit Smoking Clinic
- Asthma & Allergy Clinic
- Sleep Lab- Diagnosis & Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Aponea
Dr. George Mothi Justin MBBS, MD, DNB
Consultant PulmonologistDr. Vivian Wilson MBBS, MD (Pulmonary Medicine)
Asthma symptoms, which include coughing, wheezing, and chest tightness, are common in an asthma attack. Sometimes asthma is called bronchial asthma or reactive airway disease. Asthma can be controlled with proper treatment.
Asthma is characterized by inflammation of the bronchial tubes with increased production of sticky secretions inside the tubes. People with asthma experience symptoms when the airways tighten, inflame, or fill with mucus. Common asthma symptoms include:
- Coughing, especially at night
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness, pain, or pressure