The Department of Neurology at Medical Trust Hospital is centered on a foundation of academic, clinical and research excellence and is committed to provide the utmost patient care. The department was started in 1973 and since then it has grown to be one of the major neurology centers of excellence in the state. The neurology experts at our neurology centre offer a detailed and comprehensive consultation, evaluation, clinical diagnostic studies and neurological treatment at the international standards. We offer specialized treatment programs for the following neurological disorders:
- Headache, Migraine & Pain
- Back pain & Neck pain
- Muscle and Nerve diseases
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disease
- Movement disorders and Parkinson’s disease
- Infections of the Nervous system
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Sleep Lab - Diagnosis & Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Aponea & Sleep disorders
- Brain tumors and vascular diseases of the brain
- Chronic pain disorders
- Paediatric Neurology problems
- Emergency Services- 24/7 Hour Emergency stroke and Neurology critical care services for epilepticus status, convulsions, loss of consciousness, severe headache, migraine and inflammation of the nervous system.
- Stroke Units- Offer comprehensive stroke management programs including stroke prevention, treatment programs for acute stoke patients, stroke patient education, screening, acute and secondary prevention therapies, intravenous and intra arterial thrombolytic therapies etc. We have a multi-disciplinary team with competent stroke neurologists and highly specialized professional staff at our stroke unit to provide accurate stroke diagnosis and state-of-the-art stroke treatment. To facilitate patients with maximum care, we offer Emergency ambulance service all through the state.
- Intensive Care- The department has a well-equipped ICU to deal with all neurological emergencies. ICU is equipped with neurology experts, well-trained medical and technical staff, infusion pumps, Intracranial pressure monitoring devices, bed side monitors and critical care ventilators.
- Neurology Clinic- General Neurology clinic and outpatient department operates all days and is staffed with highly qualified and experienced neurologist provides ready access for patients with any neurological disorder.
- Headache Clinic- The department has a well equipped headache clinic consisting of Neurology doctors, Ophthalmologist, Dentists, Psychiatrist and ENT specialist. The team evaluates and makes certain that the diagnosis is accurate and provides the best treatment for different types of headaches including migraine headache, thyroid headache, cluster headaches, constant and severe headache, dizziness headache, sinus headache, chronic headache, pressure headache etc. A number of complementary and alternative therapies are offered at out headache clinic for appropriate individuals such as physical therapy treatment, relaxation technique, relaxation exercise, stress relaxation training, nerve blocks, life style counseling, bio-feed back techniques and diet counseling.
- Epilepsy Clinic- We have highly proficient neurology specialists with extensive experience in diagnosing and treating epilepsy, childhood epilepsy, complex epilepsy, syncope and related conditions.
- Vertigo Clinic- Effective treatment for dizziness and vertigo treatment are offered at our vertigo clinic, a multidisciplinary unit that developed to provide accurate diagnosis for those patients who are suffering from vertigo and dizziness.
- Botox clinic- For patients with torticollis, hemifacial spasm, spasticity, and other disorders.
- Lab – We have a well-equipped neurology lab with highly trained staff and technicians for diagnosing various neurological disorders. We offer accurate pathological diagnosis for muscle, nerve diseases and brain lesions.
- Neurophysiology Division- The neurophysiology lab houses the latest equipment and is staffed by highly trained technicians. The department comprises a large number of cutting edge medical facilities including:
- EEG – 21 channel digital EEG with brain mapping facility
- Video EEG
- Ambulatory EEG
- Bed side digital EEG monitoring unit
- Nerve conduction studies (NCV)
- Electromyography – EMG
- Single fibre EMG
- Brain stem auditory evoked response (BAER)
- Visually evoked response (VEP)
- Somato Sensory Evoked Response (SSEP)
- Electronystamogram (ENG)
- Autonomic studies
- Sleep studies
- Imaging Division: To provide an accurate assessment and treatment for patients with various neurological disorders, we have a well-equipped imaging division with advanced technical facilities. The Imaging Division includes ultra-modern Color Doppler screening, X-Ray, 64 slice Ct with 3D construction facility, MRI Scan, DSA and Nuclear Imaging.
Dr. M.N. Radhakrishnan Nair MD, DM
Consultant NeurologistDr. Dilip K. Mathen MD, DM