The Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine at Medical Trust Hospital is a Tertiary Referral Center in Kerala, with 24-Hour Trauma Clinic. The Department encompasses Trauma Clinic, Orthotic and Prosthetic Departments, Physiotherapy, Interlocking Nail Facility, Sports Medicine Unit etc. Orthopedic Surgeons at our Department specialize in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive surgery, sports injury treatment and clinical consultation. The Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine is ranked among the best hospitals in India for orthopaedics surgeries and sports injury treatments.
The Sports Medicine Unit at Medical trust hospital covers all national & international sporting events. It was the first Department of Sports Medicine in Kerala inaugurated by ace Cricketer and Captain of Indian Cricket team Saurav Ganguli on 30th March 1998. This unit, backed by multi disciplinary units has an illustreous record of providing medical support to all the international national and local sports events in and around the city including the Volvo Ocean race Asian Stop over, all the Cricket One day Internationals, National games, IPL matches etc to name just a few.
- Tertiary Referral Center in Kerala
- 24-Hour Trauma Clinic
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery of Bones, Joints and Spine
- Reconstructive Surgery for Paralysed Limbs
- Tendon Transfers
- Total Joint Replacements of Knee, Shoulder and Hip
- Surgical Correction of Post Polio and other Congenital Deformities
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Departments
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Shoulder, Knee, Elbow, Wrist
- Birmingham Hip Replacement
- Subacromial Decompression
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Sports Injury Treatment
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Limb Lengthening Procedures
- Illizarov Procedures for Complicated or Infected Fractures, Complex Injuries of the Joints, Deformity Correction and Limb Lengthening
- Club Foot Corrections
- Limb Salvage in Bone Tumours
- Deformity Correction of the Hand
- Interlocking Nail Facility
- Pelvic and Acetabular Fracture Surgery
- Advanced fracture surgery
- Management of polytrauma and severely injured limbs
Dr. V.M. Khaleel MS, D'Ortho
Sr. Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialised in Arthroscopy and Joint replacement Head Unit IDr. Bobby Jacob MS, MRCS, FRCS (Tr& Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialised in Shoulder & Knee Arthroscopy- Head Unit IIIDr Bibu George MS, D Ortho, MS Ortho, MRCS, FRCS
Consultant Orthopaedic & Joint replacement Surgeon Head Unit II
Common arthritis symptoms of pain and stiffness are usually caused by degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis). The more than 100 types of arthritis include rheumatoid arthritis and gout. A diagnosis is necessary in order to develop a treatment plan.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis may include joint pain and progressive stiffness that develops gradually.
Symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis may include painful swelling, inflammation, and stiffness in the fingers, arms, legs, and wrists occurring in the same joints on both sides of the body, especially upon awakening.